Treno / Trenissimo
MC TDS offers rail system simulations based on trenolab software Solutions
TRENOplus and Trenissimo
Understanding the processes and the dynamics of real railway operations in a key factor to plan and manage them at best. Even timetables planned correctly can show unsatisfactory reliability when put into operations. The possibility to point out, measure and visualize the sources an the effects of delays or rail traffic plays a crucial role in maximizing the punctuality allowed by the existing rolling stock and infrastructure. Moreover, it supports planners in defining the requirements for the infrastructure improvements or simply the input parameters to be used in traffic simulations.
Based on a robust, powerful and reliable database widely appreciated by users, TRENO allows
- analyzing real and simulated operational data (TRENOAnalysis).
- running simulation scenarios in a smart way, remarkably improving the productivity and the accuracy of results (trenissimo).
- creating from scratch and editing rail timetables, estimating the running times and producing the most common timetable-related outputs, such as graphic timetables, platform occupation diagrams, train diagrams such as speed vs distance (TRENOPlus).
It is possible to use TRENO as stand-alone (database and software on the same computer) or as client+server, where multiple users work on the same database.
Users and References
The tool is already used by over 20 Train Operating Companies, Infrastructure Managers and consulting companies such as the Norwegian Rail Administration (Jernabaneverket – JBV), the the Italian Infrastructure Manager RFI, the operator of the London Overground network, Arriva Rail London, MTR Europe and SNCF Transilien.
At TRENOlab, TRENO was used to analyze operational data, manage simulation studies and plan timetables in several studies and in particular on some 4,000 km of Italian and British Network, on the RER A, B, C E as well as most of the heavy rail network in Paris, on the entire Lyon region, and on the complete Dutch and Norwegian networks.
Timetable planning is becoming more and more strategic for railway operators, since a well-planned timetable allows maximizing the potentials of existing networks in terms of capacity and quality of services.
TRENOPlus is a powerful timetable planning tool developed from scratch with the aim of taking maximum advantage from the latest advances in the network models and algorithms. TRENOPlus integrates a macroscopic and a mesoscopic network models to allow estimating running times and therefore planning timetables – but also estimating the impact of improvements – at different levels of detail. Based on the available time and data the user can freely decide to use one of the two or even a combination of them.
The mesoscopic model allows not only viewing the usage of lines and stations based on pre-defined headway times, but it are automatically and accurately estimated based on the real position of signals and displayed on the graphic timetable by means of the so-called blocking times steps.
TRENOPlus is based on a scalable database management system supporting any number of trains and the shared use of a data set even on the basic version.
- Easy-to-use, flexible timetable planning tool;
- Suitable for any sort of passenger, freight and metro service;
- Easy import and export of timetable of timetable of other operators;
- Multi-scale network model, up to signal-berth level;
- Ideal to schedule services and define the required infrastructure improvements;
- Usable as stand-alone or by multiple users in a network;
- Undo and complete history of changes stored in the db